I’m just back from a couple of days on the road, where I headed up to Lake Tahoe. The trip was really a way for me to simply break things up for a bit, unplug and reset, and get out of the familiar for a bit while trying to...Read More
Category: Road Trip
In mid-November I did a quick overnight trip and visited Colusa and Sacramento National Wildlife Refuges in the Williams area of Northern California. These are a couple of favorite refuges, but it’s 2.5 hours of driving...Read More
Laurie and I just returned from 10 days on the road, taking a nice vacation where we both mostly unplugged. This trip was originally going to be a visit to Yellowstone, but between the 100th anniversary crowds and the fires,...Read More
Lots of people talk about and keep bucket lists. Some of them are huge and clearly unattainable by any mortal. Others are short and simple. They can be a fascinating insight into a person, or simply a random list of shinies that...Read More
We’re back from a week’s vacation in Oregon. It’s the first time Laurie and I have been able to get up into Oregon together since 2006, so we were both really looking forward to it, and Oregon didn’t...Read More
- I’m doing a Youtube channel. Of course I need a new camera.
- Oh no! Adobe changed things on me!
- The life and death of the touch bar: revisiting the MacBook Pro
- What’s in my Camera Bag
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
- My Birding Field Kit
- Apple’s 2016 in review
- Free Wallpapers for your desktop
- Good Enough Defeats Great
- Photographing birds with your iPhone? Or do I need a real camera?
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords