I am just crushed. I went to bed just as the news of the Las Vegas shootings was breaking. I woke up this morning to more than 50 dead and hundreds injured. I’m numb to some degree because it’s just the latest of these attacks, I know it’ll happen again and I know that our society and its leaders are simply unwilling to show the courage to try to grapple with the problem. Instead they’ll offer thoughts and prayers and move on. And there’s little to nothing we as individuals can do other than try to push the dialog forward and work to get those idiots out of positions of power. This one strikes closer to home for me, too. Not only do I have friends living in Vegas (they’re all safe), but I had an offer of tickets to the Sharks game and was considering Mandalay Bay as one of the places to stay. It was basically a coin flip that kept me from being there when it happened. That kind of strikes home just how your being impacted by this or not comes down to a roll of some cosmic set of dice. I’m safe because I decided not to go take in the game and the new arena until later. But I realize in my gut that I’ll never know that the dice have rolled craps...Read More
- I’m doing a Youtube channel. Of course I need a new camera.
- Oh no! Adobe changed things on me!
- The life and death of the touch bar: revisiting the MacBook Pro
- What’s in my Camera Bag
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
- My Birding Field Kit
- Apple’s 2016 in review
- Free Wallpapers for your desktop
- Good Enough Defeats Great
- Photographing birds with your iPhone? Or do I need a real camera?
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords