(but first, a quick digression. Because of my Yellowstone trip and going off the grid for most of that week, I never posted my prediction for the final round of the playoffs. I did, however, predict the Kings to come out of the west and I did predict that whoever came out of the West to win the cup, which in fact happened. In the earlier rounds, I was 9-3 and the only significant miss was Boston doing better than it did, and picking Boston for the Cup. Ooops. I did pick the Kings out of the West, and I was 2-0 in the conference finals and had the ultimate winner in the final round, meaning that my picks this yuear in the playoffs were 12-3. My best playoff prediction series in a long time) It has been an interesting off season for the Sharks. When the season ended I did a “Now what” piece on them suggesting what I’d do. A number of things I got right (Wilson and McLellan back, for instance), a few I didn’t (re-signing Brown, but when you think in terms of being a black ace and locker room influence, it makes sense. His attitude is the one they are trying to build into the entire team, so in retrospect, I was wrong and Wilson’s right here). They killed Drew! You Bastards! A big...Read More
Month: June 2014
- I’m doing a Youtube channel. Of course I need a new camera.
- Oh no! Adobe changed things on me!
- The life and death of the touch bar: revisiting the MacBook Pro
- What’s in my Camera Bag
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
- My Birding Field Kit
- Apple’s 2016 in review
- Free Wallpapers for your desktop
- Good Enough Defeats Great
- Photographing birds with your iPhone? Or do I need a real camera?
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords