Since I’ve written about Apple for the Guardian in the past, they reached out and asked if I would again. It’s now live on their site, and I wanted to point you at it and include a copy of what I wrote here: Try to imagine today’s society if Steve didn’t exist. Can you? The Apple II. the Macintosh. The mouse. Making computers accessible to non-technical people in general. Reinventing the music industry with iPod and iTunes, over the express wishes of the industry. Beginning a similar reinvention of film and video. Revitalising animation with Pixar. Reinventing the personal communication industry with the iPhone. And most recently the iPad. He was a fundamental part of so many societal changes, any one of which would make most people’s careers. I am who I am today because of Steve, through the companies and the products and the technologies he fostered; more importantly, because of the people he brought in and mentored who turned into people that mentored me. Because of the thinking and attitudes he promoted and inoculated that became key parts of what I’ve become. I’m the person I am because of Steve and what he did, the opportunities he created, and the attitudes and expectations he baked into those around him. I almost ran over Steve once outside of Infinite Loop 1 as I was coming in for a...Read More
Month: October 2011
- I’m doing a Youtube channel. Of course I need a new camera.
- Oh no! Adobe changed things on me!
- The life and death of the touch bar: revisiting the MacBook Pro
- What’s in my Camera Bag
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
- My Birding Field Kit
- Apple’s 2016 in review
- Free Wallpapers for your desktop
- Good Enough Defeats Great
- Photographing birds with your iPhone? Or do I need a real camera?
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords