When I went to work for Palm, I knew that it was going to eat a lot of time and energy and I needed to focus on my work to make sure we all succeeded and delivered the best product we could. Hmm. I need to upgrade my installation of WordPress. Be right back. I was right. It did eat a lot of time and energy, and it was the right decision to not try to split my loyalties between my job and my not-job. I think we’ve done a pretty damn good job of delivering — so far. There’s still a lot to do. Oops. WordPress has eight plug-ins that need updating. When I sat down with myself to start talking about the next phase of the blog design I wanted to implement, this voice in the back of my head started whispering to me “YOU IDIOT. HOW MANY TIMES IS GETTING THE WEIGHT OFF GOING TO BE THE NEXT PROJECT, ANYWAY?” No, make that 11. I had nothing to say. I know that shocks people who know me. That voice in the back of my head was right, too. I realized it was time to either get serious about it, or give up and admit I was eating myself to death. It was actually a tougher decision than you might think — but I got serious about...Read More
Month: September 2009
- I’m doing a Youtube channel. Of course I need a new camera.
- Oh no! Adobe changed things on me!
- The life and death of the touch bar: revisiting the MacBook Pro
- What’s in my Camera Bag
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
- My Birding Field Kit
- Apple’s 2016 in review
- Free Wallpapers for your desktop
- Good Enough Defeats Great
- Photographing birds with your iPhone? Or do I need a real camera?
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords