Yesterday was the first day since I got back from vacation that I took a full day off — basically told work to stick it and signed off. Laurie and I took advantage of it and we went for a little drive. A drive down highway 1 through Big Sur to San Simeon, and then back home via 101. A nice, but rather gray day (but not like the weather san jose had — we were surprised by the rain and lightning on our return), so we didn’t do any photography, but the drive was gorgeous, and technical enough to keep Laurie (and the BMW) happy. the Highway 1 trip has been on the docket for years — I’m a firm believer that everyone who lives in california needs to do it once, so they don’t feel the need to do it twice…. It’s pretty, it’s technical, but once you get past that, it’s mostly driving. Not that I’m complaining. Now’s a good time, too, because of the relative lack of RV’s that can make the road a living (and 20MPH) hell. It’s been a long, occasionally nasty run. We had a short-notice need to scale capacity (again) — the project is just gotten amazingly popular, so we keep having to make it handle more things and more people. So far, we’ve avoided the choke-on-success problem, which is a...Read More
Month: September 2005
- I’m doing a Youtube channel. Of course I need a new camera.
- Oh no! Adobe changed things on me!
- The life and death of the touch bar: revisiting the MacBook Pro
- What’s in my Camera Bag
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
- My Birding Field Kit
- Apple’s 2016 in review
- Free Wallpapers for your desktop
- Good Enough Defeats Great
- Photographing birds with your iPhone? Or do I need a real camera?
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords