May also brings up another special date in my life, with another special person. 20 years ago this month, Laurie chose to move out to California and share my life. I honestly don’t know who I’d be today without her in my life, but the person I am is one I’m quite proud of, and her sharing my life is a big part of what I’ve become. Last fall, I asked her to marry me again, and she said yes. As it turns out, trying to plan out the ceremony given our mutual schedules started driving us crazy, so rather than let that screw things up, we deferred it (intentions may be honorable, but logistics are a bitch). I still felt it important that I do something — not just to celebrate that we’ve stayed together 20 years, but because I wanted to show her I want to spend the next 20 years, too. So I sat down with my jeweler and started scheming. Last week, we went out to one of the restaurants we frequent, and as we were eating, I asked her if I could ask her opinion of something. And I pulled out the box, and asked her what she thought of this: As soon as she saw the box, she looked at me with that little look of hers and said, lovingly, “you bastard!” The...Read More
Month: May 2005
- I’m doing a Youtube channel. Of course I need a new camera.
- Oh no! Adobe changed things on me!
- The life and death of the touch bar: revisiting the MacBook Pro
- What’s in my Camera Bag
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
- My Birding Field Kit
- Apple’s 2016 in review
- Free Wallpapers for your desktop
- Good Enough Defeats Great
- Photographing birds with your iPhone? Or do I need a real camera?
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords