This has been such a weird ass season. I hope the weirdness is ending, but who knows? Have you figured out why Darryl Sutter got fired? Neither have I. I thought I did, but I was wrong. it was clear (from the one year contract) that not everyone within the Sharks wanted Darryl back — and I assumed it was Lombardi, partly because I simply couldn’t see the franchise firing the coach that just won the division (“marketing will kill you, if the fans don’t get you first”) and partly because of what he said at the time of the firing. Silly me. After Lombardi was fired, jamison came out and said that bringing Sutter back was a hockey decision (i.e. lombardi). The strong (strong) implication being that the business side of the team didn’t want him back, and all Lombardi could get him was the one year deal. And if that’s true, then the pressure to fire Sutter came from the business side, and Lombardi played good soldier to the press in saying it was his idea. Why does that make sense? Think about it. When Lombardi was fired, who was the first person to call him? Darryl Sutter, according to various reports. If Lombardi was the guy trying to fire your butt, as well as the guy who got you fired — are you going to call...Read More
Month: March 2003
- I’m doing a Youtube channel. Of course I need a new camera.
- Oh no! Adobe changed things on me!
- The life and death of the touch bar: revisiting the MacBook Pro
- What’s in my Camera Bag
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
- My Birding Field Kit
- Apple’s 2016 in review
- Free Wallpapers for your desktop
- Good Enough Defeats Great
- Photographing birds with your iPhone? Or do I need a real camera?
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords