First off, serious congratulations to Barry Bonds for hitting #71. Now, bud, relax and see how high you can take it. (let it be noted for the record, also, that Bonds did it in the midst of a nasty pennant race, while both McGuire and Maris had nothing to play for but the record). Jesus. I’m still typing this, and he just hit 72. I need to type faster! Opening night. Detroit. I like that — both because the Sharks start off with strong opponent, and because it looks like opening night keeps a lot of season ticket holders from selling the seats to the idiot red wing fans. Down where we are, it was quite timid. (the downside, I now realize, is that those stupid wings fans were all moved up into 226 where they hit critical mass — but perhaps a little barbed wire and a firehose?) Last night, I saw two teams eyeing each other, and thinking “this is a team we have to beat in the playoffs”. It’s not often you see teams feel they have to make a statement on opening night, but both teams clearly did. In my preseason projections, I picked Detroit in the west. Let me rephrase that slightly — my god, the Wings are a damn scary good team. Better than I thought they were. Much. When you start seeing...Read More
Month: October 2001
- I’m doing a Youtube channel. Of course I need a new camera.
- Oh no! Adobe changed things on me!
- The life and death of the touch bar: revisiting the MacBook Pro
- What’s in my Camera Bag
- Getting started in bird photography: Choose Your Weapons
- My Birding Field Kit
- Apple’s 2016 in review
- Free Wallpapers for your desktop
- Good Enough Defeats Great
- Photographing birds with your iPhone? Or do I need a real camera?
- Some Thoughts on Lightroom Keywords